Thursday, November 28, 2019

Te Kotuku performance

Last Saturday we had our second kotuku
performance. Last year we won the kirkwood
trophy but we had to give it back this year.
We were the last group to perform and had
heaps of time to get ready. I was the last
one to get ready because I needed some
privacy.


While Te Mura o Tāmaki were doing vocal
warm ups, my moko was done and I had to
put on my maro. When I was done I joined
my group and done some vocal warm ups.


When we were on our way to Ruapootaka
Marae all the boys went in one van and the
girls went in the other van. When we arrived there, we made our way to the entrance. We took a picture and made our way to the back off the stage. We were having our final karakia
getting ready to perform.

After our performance we got dressed then
went outside. They gave away the
participation awards to all the kura that
performed. Later on, they announced the
winner. THE WINNER IS… ST KENTIGERN
GIRLS SCHOOL!!! When it was announced we
stood up and did a haka tautoko. It didn’t
matter if we didn’t win because we didn't
need to win twice. We went back to school
and had a kai haakari. We had a good day
and a good performance.



No comments:

Post a Comment